Solar panels are devices that convert sunlight into electricity by utilizing photovoltaic cells. They offer a sustainable and clean energy solution, reducing dependence on fossil fuels and minimizing environmental impact.
We have full expertise and experience in solar panel installation in the UK to support and guide you through every stage of your project and provide any queries, we have nationwide expert installers teams. We give you the most suitable installers team to meet all your demands, from pre-planning to post-installation of solar panels. Due to the enormous surge in electricity prices, renewable energy is a secure and cost-effective option for every owner.
Solar-powered residential homes are the future of home industry. As we all are aware of, reserves for fossil fuels are decreasing rapidly and their usage is giving rise to carbon emission which is making our planet hotter and hotter every day, it should come as no surprise that so many people are turning to the renewable power such as solar panels to meet their residential energy needs. At Evergreen Power solar, solar panel installers team will help you huge savings on your home energy bills.
How do Solar Panels Work?
The technology behind solar power is complex to understand for common people as we are not familiar with solar industry. We would still try to explain the whole process in simple terms. As we all know sun emits heat and light. This light is made up of small particles known as photons. Every solar panel is basically a magnetized sheet having densely packed atoms.
When these photons from the sun hit the solar panels , they collide with the densely packed atoms and further due to the design of the panels knock electrons out of these atoms. This flow of electrons generates an electric current, which then powers your house through the electric wiring or gets stored in a solar battery to be used later.
Solar energy is one of the cleanest and most renewable sources of energy available for residential, commercial, and industrial use. Solar panels convert the sun’s rays into electricity using photovoltaic cells. Let’s explore how solar photovoltaic cells work and how solar energy is transformed into usable electricity!
Step 1: Solar Energy is captured by Photovoltaic Cells
The photovoltaic (PV) cells on the panel capture sunlight and convert it into direct current (DC) electricity.
Step 2: DC Electricity is transformed into Alternating Current (AC)
The DC electricity produced by the PV cells is sent to an inverter, which converts the DC electricity into alternating current (AC). AC is the type of power used in households for appliances.
Step 3: Outside the Home or Business
The AC electricity travels from the solar panels and inverters outside the home or business through a main electrical panel located on the side of the building.
Step 4: Utilizing the Electricity
The AC energy is then used to power appliances, lights, and other items within the home or business. The unused solar electricity or the extra solar energy can be sold back to the utility company.
Are Solar Panels Worth It in the UK?
Absolutely! Solar panels are worth it in the UK, and here’s why:
1. Energy Cost Savings: Solar panels allow you to generate your electricity, reducing your dependence on the grid and lowering your energy bills. Solar power provides a stable and cost-effective alternative to the rising costs of traditional energy sources.
2. Environmental Impact: Solar panels produce clean and renewable electricity by harnessing the sun’s energy, significantly reducing carbon emissions. Embracing solar power in the UK contributes to a greener and more sustainable future, combating climate change and preserving the environment.
3. Government Support: Although the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme has ended, the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme enables solar panel owners to earn money by selling excess electricity back to the grid. This incentive, along with potential grants and low-interest loans, enhances the financial viability of solar panel installations.
4. Long-Term Investment: Solar panels have a lifespan of 25 to 30 years, offering long-term returns on your investment. While the upfront cost may seem significant, the savings on energy bills over time, combined with potential income from excess electricity, make solar panels a wise financial choice.
5. Increasing Property Value: Solar panels enhance the value of your property. Homebuyers are increasingly interested in energy-efficient homes, and solar panels demonstrate a commitment to sustainability. This can attract potential buyers and potentially increase the resale value of your property.
In summary, solar panels are a worthwhile investment in the UK, providing energy cost savings, environmental benefits, government support, long-term returns, and increased property value. By embracing solar power, you save money and contribute to a cleaner and more sustainable future.
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in the UK
Solar panel costs in the UK can vary depending on factors such as system size, brand, quality, and installation complexity. On average, a residential solar panel installation in the UK can range from £4,000 to £8,000 per kilowatt peak (kWp). It’s essential to obtain customized quotes from certified installers to get accurate cost estimates based on your specific requirements and circumstances. Get complete guide on cost of solar panels in the UK.
Which Type of Solar Panels Are Best?
The best type of solar panels depends on various factors, including your specific needs, budget, and geographic location. Here’s a unique and short answer highlighting some popular options:
1. Monocrystalline Solar Panels: Monocrystalline panels are known for their high efficiency and sleek black appearance. They perform well in low-light conditions and have a smaller footprint, making them suitable for limited roof space. However, they tend to be slightly more expensive than other types.
2. Polycrystalline Solar Panels: Polycrystalline panels offer a cost-effective option with good efficiency and durability. They have a bluish hue and are made from multiple silicon crystals. While they may be slightly less efficient than monocrystalline panels, they can still provide reliable energy generation.
3. Thin-Film Solar Panels: Thin-film panels are lightweight and flexible, making them suitable for unconventional installations. They have lower efficiency compared to crystalline panels but perform better in high-temperature environments or partial shading. Thin-film panels are often used in large-scale projects or applications where flexibility is essential.
4. Bifacial Solar Panels: Bifacial panels can generate electricity from both the front and back sides, capturing sunlight reflected from the ground or other surfaces. This feature can increase overall energy generation. Bifacial panels are typically made of crystalline silicon and provide a viable option for maximizing output in certain conditions.
It’s important to consult with a reputable solar panel installer who can evaluate your specific requirements and recommend the best type of solar panel for your needs. Factors such as budget, available space, efficiency, and other considerations will help determine the most suitable option for your solar energy system.
How to Choose Solar Panels in UK?
To get the best solar panels in the UK, follow these steps:
1. Research reputable solar panel manufacturers known for their quality and reliability.
2. Seek recommendations from trusted sources, such as friends, family, or online communities.
3. Look for solar panels that have high-efficiency ratings and come with comprehensive warranties.
4. Check customer reviews and ratings to gauge the satisfaction and experiences of previous buyers.
5. Consult with certified solar panel installers who can recommend the best panels based on your specific needs and budget.
6. Compare quotes from multiple installers to ensure you’re getting the best value for your investment.
7. Consider factors beyond just the panels, such as the reputation and expertise of the installer, as well as their after-sales service and support.
Get detailed Guide Click here for: How to Choose Cost Effective Solar Panels in UK
How to Get Quality Solar Panels Installation in the UK
To get solar panels installation in the UK, follow these steps:
1. Research reputable solar panel installers certified by the Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS) and the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC).
2. Schedule a free solar assessment with a few different installers to evaluate your property’s suitability for solar panels.
3. Compare quotes from multiple installers, considering factors such as cost, system design, warranties, and customer reviews.
4. Explore financing options, such as purchasing outright, solar loans, or leasing, to make installation more affordable.
5. Choose an installer and sign a contract that outlines the installation timeline, costs, and any additional services provided.
6. The installer will handle permits, install the solar panels on your roof, and connect the system to your electrical grid.
7. Ensure proper metering and certifications are arranged, allowing you to participate in the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme if desired.
8. Enjoy the benefits of solar power, including reduced energy bills, environmental sustainability, and potential income from excess electricity generation.To get detailed guide about installation click here: solar panels installation in the UK.
Maintenance of Solar Panels:
Proper maintenance of solar panels in the UK is crucial for optimal performance. Here’s a unique and short answer on how to maintain solar panels:
1. Regular Cleaning: Clean the panels periodically to remove dirt, debris, and bird droppings that can hinder sunlight absorption. Use a soft brush or a hose with low-pressure water to gently rinse away any residue. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that could damage the panels.
2. Check for Shading: Ensure there are no objects or vegetation causing shading on the panels. Trim nearby trees or bushes that may cast shadows on the panels, as even partial shading can significantly reduce their output.
3. Inspect for Damage: Conduct visual inspections to identify any signs of damage, such as cracks, loose connections, or corrosion. If you notice any issues, contact a qualified solar panel technician for prompt repairs or replacements.
4. Monitor Performance: Keep an eye on the system’s performance by regularly monitoring energy production. Many solar panel systems come with monitoring software or online platforms that provide real-time data. If you notice a significant drop in energy generation, it’s advisable to investigate the cause or seek professional assistance.
5. Professional Servicing: Consider scheduling periodic professional servicing to ensure your solar panel system is in optimal condition. Experienced technicians can perform comprehensive inspections, electrical tests, and maintenance tasks to maximize efficiency and address any underlying issues.
By following these maintenance practices, you can help extend the lifespan of your solar panels in the UK, ensure their maximum efficiency, and continue to reap the benefits of clean, renewable energy.
Why choose Solar Panels for your projects?
Solar panel installation cost can be a little higher as compared to other energy sources to start with, but the savings you make in the long-run makes it a better decision to install solar power in your home. You can get free electricity with solar panels & batteries(once you have paid for initial installation), which can significantly save you money on your energy bills. Solar panels can completely transform amount of money you spend on your energy bills and put money back in your pockets over a longer period.
Evergreen Power Solar is the perfect alternative to high cost of energy bills paid by you to your electricity supplier and will also help you in reducing your carbon emission, making your contribution towards saving the planet.
Join Millions of Other Solar Powered Homes in the UK
Now’s the perfect opportunity to get into solar panels for your homes – more than 800,000 UK homes have solar panels, and its installation cost has dropped close to 70% since 2010. Government in the United Kingdom has also made switching to solar panels powered energy easy so that people can join this solar revolution.
Talk to our experts to Get a Free Quote Today.
Benefits of Solar Panel For Your Home?
Huge savings on your Electricity Bills
You can generate free electricity with solar panels, which can significantly bring down your electricity bills.
Green Renewable Energy
Solar power is a green renewable source of energy, and helps you reduces your carbon footprint.
Lower Cost of Installation
Solar panel installation costs have reduced by around 70% in last 10 years
Earn More Money with Grid Trading
The excess electricity you generate can be traded over the electric grid with green utilities to earn more money.
Better Return on Investment
With recent decrease in solar panel prices, the return on investment has increased as compared to earlier years.
Finance Option Available
For qualified homeowners, there are different finance options available.
Get detailed information about benefits click here: Benefits of Solar Panels in the UK